Classic Movie Birthday Party Theme
If you are like most adults in the world you search far and wide for a somewhat unique theme for the next great birthday bash. If you are at a bit of a loss this year, how about going with a classic movie theme. You can either choose one movie or let guests come dressed as favorite characters from individual movies and have a hodgepodge collection of music and DVDs available to set the theme for the party. You can also elect to have movie posters from the movie (if going with a specific movie theme) or a variety of great classics if going with the flow and letting everyone become their favorite classic movie characters. If you want to get really creative you can assign characters to guests and make an adventure of having guests try to guess the character and the movie.
The sky is the limit when planning a classic movie birthday party. If you are considering going with one specific movie however, please feel free to select from some of the excellent themes and ideas below.
1) The Godfather. I can’t think of a more appropriate birthday party for a good many of the men I know. It’s a great classic movie and the guys will have a great time going over their favorite Godfather lines all night. Have some great Italian music, Italian food, and plan for a night of fun. Don’t forget to have the movie on hand so that arguments over infamous lines and old scores can be settled.
2) Casablanca. This is great theme for a birthday party for the one you love or a romantic celebration such as Valentine’s Day or an anniversary. Have white table clothes, the soundtrack from the movie, an elegant dinner, and dress in clothes appropriate for the era. This is a classic movie and will definitely be a night and a party to remember.
3) Star Wars has finally attained status as a true classic and while it may be more modern than what many have in mind for those of the thirty something generation it is a great movie to incorporate and will make for a ton of fun that really is out of this world. Again the soundtrack and the DVD make lovely companions to a party of this theme and you can argue over favorite lines and make wagers accordingly. Wage war with blasters and light sabers and dress as your favorite characters or assign characters to various guests.
4) Favorite Movie Villains. This is another great theme for a classic movie party that doesn’t get used nearly often enough. I think we all have one villain that we can identify as a favorite rather it was one that scared us into spilling our pop or one that we can identify with to some extent it is great fun to celebrate life by exploring that little touch of darkness within. It also tells a lot about the people you call friends.
5) Old Westerns. For those who are looking for the perfect excuse to start a campfire and sing campy old trail riding music, there is little like a wild western movie theme to make those dreams a reality. You could even complete the evening with cowboy karaoke and s’mores. Just make sure you have plenty of your favorite westerns on hand in case you forget the lyrics.
Classic movies provide an excellent source of inspiration for all manner of wonderful ideas for themed birthday parties. You could even go with a John Wayne theme, World War II theme, Steve McQueen, or Clint Eastwood birthday party theme. Let your imagination run wild and have a great time making the plans and choosing the decorations for your perfect classic movie birthday party ideas. You never know when you’ll end up striking gold and creating the perfect night for the special someone you know and love.
No related posts.