Even though you may think high definition video is just for your television, it isn’t. You can get that very same quality on your home movies as well. You can turn your home movies and precious memories into works of art with HD.
Amateur home video producers alike will truly love the high quality of HD. With HDV (high definition video), you can record superb high definition video onto a digital video tape.
Benefits of HDV
You don’t really need to understand how HDV works to truly appreciate the benefits. All you need to do is spend a few minutes watching a video recorded on a Sony HDV video camera and you’ll see everything you need to know.
If you already know about HDV, there are many more reasons as to why you should pick HDV video cameras:
1. The amazing picture quality of HD is no longer limited to Hollywood and professionals. You too can now use HDV technology to capture the important memories of your life with life like color, vivid contrast, and amazing HD video.
2. HDV recording offers low noise, high accuracy, rich, and very vivid color.
3. The sound tracks for HDV use MPEG 1 audio layer 2 digital encoding to give your videos the sound quality of CDs at a much lower bitrate.
4. HDV uses the same tapes that are already popular for DV recording, with the recording time being the same as well.
5. HDV also uses MPEG 2 compression, which is used in digital broadcasts and also DVDs.
6. HDV uses a higher compression rate than DV, making it more reliable and less subjectible to errors.
Technology behind HDV
The HDV format handles the same bitrate as the DV format, although HDV records a high definition signal. This will allow you to record HD video on the same tapes used for DV recordings. A signal with HDV has 4.5 times as much data as a DV signal used with NTSC. HDV also includes CD quality sound, MPEG 2 compression, real time encoding, and so much more.
When compared to other HD formats, HDV is one of the best, if not the best. Sony has always been known for quality, which makes HDV no exception to the rule. This format has been years in the making, which helps to make it what it is today.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect type of video camera, rest assured that HDV is it. If you buy a Sony HDV type camera, you’ll know that your precious memories will be perfect HD quality – each and every time.
No related posts.